About TEACH Connecticut
TEACH Connecticut is your one-stop shop to explore teaching, decide whether it is for you, and take the steps to become a teacher.
Navigate Your Teaching Career with TEACH Connecticut
We believe that there is no more important aspiration we can have as a people than the future success of our children, and that educators play a crucial role in the life of every child who enters their schools.
That's why the Talent Office at the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) and The Peter and Carmen Lucia Buck Foundation (The PCLB Foundation) launched TEACH Connecticut, in partnership with Connecticut school districts, educator preparation providers and TEACH.org.
TEACH Connecticut is the first statewide initiative of its kind in the nation. We are committed to supporting anyone considering teaching in Connecticut and building the strongest-possible educator workforce to ensure that all students have access to great teachers. Learn more about the resources and support we're building for future teachers.
Here’s what you can get for FREE at TEACH
When it comes to teacher certification and prep programs, our job is to streamline everything you need to know and make it easy to understand. That’s why we’re proud to offer many free products and services to help future teachers like you get started on your careers.
When you sign up at TEACH, you’ll get access to the following products and tools for FREE:
- Up-to-date teacher certification guides
- Teacher prep program database
- 1-on-1 coaching with expert teachers who can answer your questions
- Real teacher stories
- Financial aid, salary and benefits information
- Personalized application checklists (for when you’re ready to apply)
- Scholarships and fee reimbursement information
Check out the video below for a quick tour of our website and highlights of the free products and services you’ll get when you sign up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who We Are
Create a Free Account
Sign up for access to everything we offer, right from your dashboard.
- Learn about your certification options.
- Explore teacher training programs.
- Get support for teaching tests.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Chat with certification experts via live chat, small group sessions or 1-on-1 meetings.
It’s all FREE and brought to you by the Connecticut State Department of Education and our statewide partners.