- -- Select an Option --
- at a glance.
- with an expert.
Let’s make you a certified teacher.
Teacher Certification, Simplified
Getting certified to become a teacher might seem daunting, but we’ve got you covered. Just start with the basics.
Do I have to get certified to teach?
Short answer: Yes. Long answer: There are many different types of certification endorsements, depending on what you want to teach. When you get certified, you become eligible to teach certain subjects and grades in Connecticut.
How do I get certified?
There are several paths to getting certified, whether it’s entering an educator preparation program as an undergrad, via a master’s or anywhere in between.
Want to discuss your options? Talk to a coach.
What should I know before getting started?
Since certification requirements differ by subject, specialty and grade level, deciding on the subject(s) and grade level(s) you want to teach can go a long way.
If this is starting to feel a bit overwhelming, check out About Certification for simple steps on getting certified to teach in Connecticut.
All Your Options in One Place
Are you ready to find your certification endorsement area in Connecticut? Here’s an interactive catalog to help narrow your search.
- Filter by grade level and subject area to see which certification endorsement(s) apply to your teaching interests.
- Hover to explore additional notes and details.
Expert Advice for an Expert Applicant
Not sure where to start? Sign up for 1-on-1 advice with one of our coaches. We’ll help find the path that’s right for you.
- Personalized Advice. Our coaches get to know you, so the advice is worthwhile.
- Three Ways to Chat. Phone, video or email—we’ve got you covered. (Text coming soon!)
- Free Tools and Resources. Get an all-access pass to every TEACH product and service once you schedule a call.
Create an Account
Sign up for your free, all-access pass to TEACH products and services.
- Create a career roadmap.
- Get 1-on-1 expert advice.
- Follow how-to guides for getting certified.
- Access prep program application checklists.
- Claim fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
We’re always working on something new to help the next generation of great teachers. With an account, you get first dibs!
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.