Here are just a few of our (always free) products we think you’ll like.
We’ll give you a boost.
The road to teaching isn’t always straight, so we made road signs:
- All the background you need to evaluate teaching as a profession.
- Easy-to-use products that help you explore a career in teaching and learn how to become a teacher.
- Customized emails and texts that deliver resources and next steps to you automagically.
- It's all possible because of a partnership between TEACH.org, Connecticut State Department of Education (CDSE), and Connecticut school districts and universities.
- 3,000New teachers hired every year
Be in Demand
- 12,313Users exploring teaching
Proven Track Record
- 81Connecticut partners to support you
Join the Club
Everything you need to become a teacher in one place—for free.
Sign up to get access to:
- 1-on-1 expert advice about becoming a teacher.
- Custom tips and how-to guides for finding the right educator preparation program.
- Interactive checklists to help with your educator preparation program applications.
- $100 fee reimbursements when it comes time to apply.
- Exclusive scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
Understand the Career
What do teachers do?
Each school and district in Connecticut is unique. With urban settings serving thousands of students, surrounding suburban districts and rural districts with just a few schools, there’s a community that's just right for you. Join talented colleagues, make your mark and get paid for it.
See the Possibilities
Do teachers have a good future?
Connecticut needs teachers who represent the breadth of backgrounds, experiences and cultures of our students. There is a secure future for anyone working in the classroom here, especially in high-demand areas like STEM and bilingual education. Are you ready to empower students to navigate and thrive in a changing world? Get to know your future coworkers.
Imagine Your Teacher-Self
Am I a good fit for teaching?
If you like a challenge and daily gratification that what you're doing matters, teaching could be your calling. You bring unique skills and personal history to any job you take—but leading a classroom takes full advantage of both. In this career, you'll work hard while building skills that set you up to succeed no matter where your professional life takes you.
Choose Your Path
How do I become an educator?
There are many pathways to becoming an educator that you can take advantage of. From undergraduate to graduate and post-baccalaureate educator preparation programs, if you have the drive and skills to lead a classroom, you can find a way to become an educator. We break it down in just a few steps. Get started by checking out our overview.
Get Certified to Teach
What are the requirements for teacher certification?
If the word “requirement” scares you, you’ll like our resource on understanding certification. Once you get to know which subject, specialty and grade level are for you, next steps just fall into place. Get a head start by getting to know certification in Connecticut.
Explore School Districts
How do I start my teaching career?
Once you're certified to teach, you'll probably want a job. (Give a mouse a cookie...) Check out the nitty-gritty details about what working as a teacher here is like. Hear directly from your future colleagues and see what job openings might be up your alley.
Create an Account
Sign up for your free, all-access pass to TEACH products and services.
- Create a career roadmap.
- Get 1-on-1 expert advice.
- Follow how-to guides for applying to a preparation program.
- Access prep program application checklists.
- Claim fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
We’re always working on something new to help the next generation of great teachers. With an account, you get first dibs!
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.