South Windsor Public Schools
Hear from Jamie Lang about how South Windsor Public Schools encourages teachers to continuously provide authentic, relevant experiences in their classrooms.
Meet Jamie Lang
South Windsor Public Schools knows that their teachers are here for the right reasons and that we genuinely want to make a difference. They believe in us and support us, just as we believe in and support our students. They challenge us to continuously provide authentic, relevant experiences in our classrooms. I come to work every day and feel valued, respected, trusted, supported and empowered to do what is right for each and every one of my students.
- 10-12th Grade Technology Education and Computer Science Teacher
- 2018 Teacher of the Year, South Windsor Public Schools
- 2018 Aspirations in Computing Educator Award
- Honorable Mention, Connecticut Chapter of the National Center for Women & Information Technology
- 2018 Fund For Teachers Fellow
- 2018 International Technology and Engineering Educators Association Conference Presenter
- 2018 Computer Science For Connecticut Conference Presenter
- 2014-2018 New England Association of Schools And Colleges accreditation steering committee chair, South Windsor High School
Teacher Certification Program
Why I Teach
My students are amazing! Every day I have the privilege to work and interact with young people who are creative, collaborative, invested, kind, hard-working and empathetic. They crave responsibility, agency and, above all, to make their mark on the world.
South Windsor by the numbers
New Teacher Starting Salary